Our Salvation Army Family store based in Whangaparaoa is looking for an experienced manager with a proven track record of success in the retail sector. Responsibilities include creating/maintaining a volunteer support team, managing staff and the overall leadership and development of the Family Store operations.
It is important that the Family Store Manager identifies with and positively represents The Salvation Army. It is also important that the Family Store Manager understands the stores importance for providing financial support toward The Salvation Army’s mission in Hibiscus Coast.
The successful applicant will need a range of skills and competencies, including:
• Good people skills and the ability to relate to people from a diverse range of cultures and social backgrounds;
• Great time management and customer service skills;
• Openness, honesty, flexibility and good communication skills;
• Integrity of Character;
• Ability to problem-solve;
• Proven retail management experience, to be able to meet the financial targets of our family store business;
• Good knowledge of quality improvement processes;
• Well-developed leadership and staff management skills;
• Conversant with legislation relating to employment, personnel, wages and holidays (Holidays Act, Privacy Act,
Employment Relations Act, Consumer Guarantees Act etc.);
• Good level of written, verbal and reporting skills.
For a full job description and application information, email Kym McCarthy-Watson
Applications close at 5pm on Thursday 7 May 2015.
The Salvation Army is a worldwide evangelical Christian church and human service provider. It is committed to caring for people, transforming lives and reforming society – all through the love of God shown in Jesus. The successful applicant should therefore show an ability to identify with the mission and values of The Salvation Army.