- A hugely varied and rewarding role
- Part of a great team of paid staff and volunteers
- Make a difference to your community
About the role
The New Plymouth Corps has Family Stores in both New Plymouth and Waitara which are sustained by the acceptance of donated goods and their subsequent sale. To assist this process, a truck is to operate across both areas and the truck driver’s position has become available. This is a permanent position for 37.5 hours per week Monday – Friday, 8.30am – 4.30pm with the occasional need to work on Saturdays.
Core duties include
- Ensure that all correct operating procedures are followed to achieve a standard of excellence in accordance with the guidelines laid down within The Salvation Army Family Store Operational Handbook.
- Ensure that customers are treated with respect and courtesy.
- Ensure that excellence in customer service is achieved.
- Ensure donated goods are picked up as advised.
- Ensure purchases requiring delivery are delivered as advised.
- Ensure safe and efficient loading and unloading of pickups and deliveries to maximise cargo space and reduce unnecessary extra mileage.
- Ensure the Truck provided receives regular checks and essential maintenance as soon as it becomes necessary
- Sympathetic to the values and mission of The Salvation Army
- A self-motivator and enthusiastic, displaying good initiative
- Physically fit with an ability to perform heavy lifting
- Ability to work alone
- Ability to utilise Google Sheets for efficient collection/delivery (training can be given)
- Good time management
- Personable, with the ability to relate to people from a diverse range of backgrounds
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships
- Has an excellent work ethic
- Reliable, trustworthy and honest with respect for privacy and confidentiality
- Clean Class 1 drivers licence and an ability to drive a manual truck
- Have capability to work effectively under two Family Store Managers
Please send your CV and cover letter to : Lieutenant Daryn Bishop via email@example.com or posted to: Salvation Army New Plymouth Corps, 116 Powderham St, New Plymouth 4310. Enquires concerning this role can be made via 06-758 9339.
Applications close by 12 noon on Friday, 30 June 2017.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Application form can be downloaded from: http://www.salvationarmy.org.nz/about-us/career-opportunities
The Salvation Army is a worldwide evangelical Christian church and human service provider. It is committed to caring for people, transforming lives and reforming society – all through the love of God shown in Jesus. The successful applicant should therefore show an ability to identify with the mission and values of The Salvation Army.