We are looking for a dynamic Operations Manager to provide overall management for our busy social service centre.
This position requires a commitment to supporting people towards a better future, along with proven management and/or senior level supervision experience in a New Zealand social agency.
You must be strategic, goal orientated and strong on service delivery to be successful in this part-time position (30 Hours per week).
The successful applicant will have:
• Strong leadership capabilities with proven operational management experience,
• Experience in understanding, managing and reporting of government contracts,
• Excellent communication, organisational and interpersonal skills,
• The ability to problem solve, use initiative and display sound judgement,
• The ability to work collaboratively with other agencies,
• Experience in statistical and internal management reporting,
• Sound understanding of financial systems and budgets,
• Experience in working with people from diverse cultural backgrounds,
• Minimal need for supervision but will thrive on achieving goals,
• The ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment,
• Facilitation, consultation and mentoring capabilities,
• A “full” clean driving licence,
• Empathy for the mission and values of The Salvation Army.
Relevant experience and/or qualifications in health, social work or not-for-profit management are desirable.
Letters of application (with CV) or for a job description contact:
Lt. Hana Seddon
Director – North Shore Community Ministries
PO Box 40555
North Shore 0747
Applications close on Friday 12 September 2014.
The Salvation Army is a worldwide evangelical Christian church and human service provider. It is committed to caring for people, transforming lives and reforming society – all through the love of God shown in Jesus. The successful applicant should therefore show an ability to identify with the mission and values of The Salvation Army.