We are looking for a confident and compassionate multitasker to be our front of house Welcome and Welfare Facilitator in a busy social services centre.
You will be:
- Providing a friendly, warm, empathetic welcome for clients, visitors and our community.
- Establishing with people their need and helping them to find solutions
- Leading and supporting a team of volunteers to provide assessment to clients
- Answering incoming phone calls and emails.
- Supporting our team with administration tasks and data entry into our client management system
- Working 30 hours a week from our Henderson based centre, 9.00am-4.00pm Monday-Friday.
Applicant should have:
- Interviewing and assessment skills
- Team leadership of volunteers/ experience as a volunteer
- Computer literacy/ data entry skills
- Ability to relate to and emphasize with people from a diverse range of backgrounds
- Sympathy to the aims of the Salvation Army (refer below for our Mission statement)
- Ability to work within a team
- Time and desk management skills to prioritize multiple tasks and keep track of work in progress and meet deadlines.
- Have a strength and passion for administration
- Current Driver license
Please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close by 12 noon on Friday, 25 May 2018.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Application form can be downloaded from: http://www.salvationarmy.org.nz/about-us/career-opportunities
The Salvation Army is a worldwide evangelical Christian church and human service provider. It is committed to caring for people, transforming lives and reforming society – all through the love of God shown in Jesus. The successful applicant should therefore show an ability to identify with the mission and values of The Salvation Army.