Foundations for Community Ministries - The Heart and Helping Hand of The Salvation Army.
This course is designed for anyone working within Community Ministries—whether you’re experienced or new to your role, paid or a volunteer—including community workers, budget advisers, food bank workers, seniors ministries, drop-in helpers, welfare workers, advocates, administrators … and more.
Content will include:
- Models of practice: working in a strengths-based way to empower your clients
- Self-awareness: knowing how your own culture and background informs your practice
- Safe Practice: ethics, boundaries and effective supervision
- Communication: effective listening and communicating skills
- Practical skills: record keeping, privacy, and working with SAMIS
- The mission: your role within the beliefs and mission of The Salvation Army