Business Administrator and Personal Assistant
We have an opportunity for a Business Administrator and Personal Assistant to join our team based at Salenesa Rd, Moto’otua Samoa.
This is a dual role with responsibility for the efficient and effective performance of administration and financial accountabilities and also provide Personal Assistant services for the Regional Leaders.
- Reports to the Regional Leaders and is primarily responsible to ensure that the financial reporting obligations of The Salvation Army Samoa Region are met and that the financial accounting functions are carried out to a high standard;
- Manages all aspects of the financial accounting function for The Salvation Army Samoa Region;
- Assists the Regional Leaders in administration and support;
- Provides financial information to be used by the Regional Management Board for decision making, planning and performance evaluation.
The following skills and attributes are essential:
- Certificate, Diploma or Degree in Accounting or relevant financial field;
- Minimum 3 years experience in using financial systems;
- Computer literate: Outlook / Microsoft suite including Excel / Accounting System (Technology One or similar) / Pro-presenter / Powerpoint – Training will be given in some of these requirements;
- Diplomacy, discretion, and confidentiality;
- Commitment to continuing professional development relevant to financial studies;
- Cultural awareness and commitment to Fa’asamoa best practice:
- Gagana (Language)
- Tautua (Service)
- Fa’atamali’i (Absolute Integrity)
- Fa’amaoni (Honesty)
- Va Fealoai (Sacred, Safe Respectful Space)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills both in Samoan and English, including ability to write adequate records and reports in English;
- Commitment to quality improvement processes;
- Works well as a team member, self-motivated, excellent organising and administration skills;
- Understanding of, respect for, and ability to work with The Salvation Army’s mission, principles, and Christian ethos;
- Good health and physical fitness, sense of humour, innovative, responsible and flexible;
- Driver’s License.
Remuneration will be based on experience and qualifications.
A position description is available by emailing email@example.com or from our office at Salenesa Road, Moto’otua (next to Enosa Health clinic).
Applications close on 3 February 2020.