Napier Corps, Napier
- Providing leadership, vision and direction for Napier Corps Children’s Ministries
- Supporting and working relationally with children and families in our community
- Strengthening our community
- Making a difference in peoples’ lives
About Napier Corps
Our mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination. Psalm 36:9 inspires us to be a fountain of life to our community, a light that shines in the darkness
We are a small but busy team, committed to providing a high level of service and care to our community.
About the role
We believe that children are a vital part of our church family and our community, and we want to invest into this area of our Corps (church).
We are looking for someone who is passionate about working with children, and getting alongside them and their families. We know that there are many issues facing our children today and are looking for someone who can both identify issues and come up with creative ways to combat these.
We have a discipleship programme happening in our church already, and we are wanting to develop this further so that children continue to grow as radical followers of Jesus. We also want to investigate the establishment of a “Kids Club” or after school community children’s event, so creative event planning and organisation will be needed for this.
On a weekly basis, the role involves but is not limited to the following key tasks:
- Provide leadership, vision and direction for the Corps Children’s Ministries, ensuring they are holistic and balanced with an equal inward and outward focus.
- Establish relationships with local schools and early childhood centres to advertise programmes
- Network and collaborate with other local agencies and groups working with children and their families in our community
- Identify, equip and support other people from our congregation who also want to work with children and their families in our community
- Event Planning and Facilitation
- Pastoral Care of Children and Families
This is a part time, permanent position of 16 hours per week.
This role reports to the Corps Officers.
Ideal Person Specification
- Is a committed Christian, evident by exhibiting ongoing personal growth and investigating becoming an active Soldier of The Salvation Army, while holding to Soldiership standards;
- Is fully supportive of the Mission of The Salvation Army;
- Is passionate about working with children;
- Is innovative and creative;
- Displays ability to relate to people from a diverse range of backgrounds;
- Is reliable, honest and trustworthy;
- Is a self- motivator and displays good initiative;
- Has completed relevant Keeping Children Safe training and
- Will work towards accreditation with The Salvation Army Keeping Children Safe Policy;
- Displays ability to maintain good working relationships;
- Displays ability to learn and take instruction;
- Has good level of written and verbal communication skills;
- Has good time and desk management skills.
- Holds a current, clean drivers licence.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further information, or to apply, please submit your CV and a cover letter.
Applications close by 5pm on Friday 31 May, 2019.