- Make a difference in NZ communities by working with us
- Providing Level 1 to 2 support with opportunities for level 3 and project involvement
- Opportunity to enhance your skills
- Ongoing development and career prospects
Hours 37.5hrs Mon – Fri 8.00am – 4.30pm – Permanent Position based in Auckland
About The Salvation Army:
The Salvation Army has been transforming lives since 1865. We work in over 130 countries, coordinated by our International Headquarters in London and we are a registered charity under the Charities Act 2005. The Army has over 3000 officers and employees in New Zealand, Fiji, Tonga, and Samoa and is recognised as a high value employer. The mission of The Salvation Army in New Zealand, Fiji, Tonga, and Samoa is: Caring for people, transforming lives, and reforming society.
About the Digital Connect Department:
Digital Connect – Easier, smarter, faster mission. We make it easier for everyone to do more mission wherever they are, everyday.
About the role:
Digital Connect Guides assist people using technology to deliver mission. We make it possible for people working in Addiction Centres, Reintegration Services, Family Stores, Community Ministries, churches and all our mission activities to help those in need. While based in our Auckland administration building, they guide our people spread throughout New Zealand, Fiji, Tonga, and Samoa. There will be some need to travel and visit our centres.
End User Guidance
- From password resets, to how do I questions, hardware and software troubleshooting you make sure mission happens
- Increasingly our technology means we are guiding people to the resources, forms, and processes needed to make mission happen. Rather than solving technical problems you will be guiding people in making the most of technology (e.g. how to share your screen in a Teams meeting, where to store digital information so only appropriate people have access, where to find internal forms (and complete them), guide them through internal processes, etc).
- A significant part of this role is providing remote guidance to people so you will be answering calls coming to us as well as written requests.
- Team performance metrics are based on percentage of calls being answered within a predefined waiting time and age of requests. There is a system for this and it is expected all work would be clearly recorded in this and updated regularly (minimum weekly).
- Helping people with 365 apps – Outlook, Teams, Planner, OneDrive. You will be a super-user of 365.
- Assisting with the implementation of OneDrive, SharePoint, Teams, and other key 365 apps. This includes assisting with continual training of users as they transition and may include project-based work on information migrations.
- Digital Connect guides are expected to be aware of all digital initiatives across The Salvation Army and champion the use of these with every interaction. This includes O365, One Drive, Teams, and all other officially supplied and supported solutions.
- The computer code of conduct is central to how TSA protects people's privacy and secures information and the iSG Reps will be expected to uphold these and guide others in its value and practice.
- Any other duties as required.
- Occasional project involvement is a part of this role as we look to continually develop the knowledge and skills of all team members.
- Relevant tertiary qualification (diploma or degree) and or industry certifications.
- Have a solid understanding of ITIL Foundations.
- Previous role(s) - ideally 1-3 years in customer support focus, in person and remotely.
- Proficiency in implementing, supporting, and running Windows desktop operating systems (including Windows 10 and 11).
- Exposure and experience supporting Mac OS.
- Operational knowledge of mobile devices (iOS and Android) and telephony.
- Operational knowledge of device connectivity (wireless, wired, LAN, internet).
- Practical knowledge with service desk system for tracking requests, incidents, and knowledge management.
- Experience assisting people with devices deployed and managed through Microsoft Autopilot and Intune.
- Expert user of Microsoft 365 applications (Office, OneDrive, SharePoint, Teams, authenticator, OneNote, etc)
- Experience administering accounts using Azure AD and Exchange Online.
- Contact Information
- For more information about this role please email firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply please send your cover letter, CV (including referee details) and completed application form to: email@example.com
Our application form can be downloaded and needs to be included as part of your application. https://www.salvationarmy.org.nz/help-us/career-opportunities
Applicants for this position will need to have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa. All employment offers are subject to the completion of a satisfactory Ministry of Justice clearance/Police Check (where applicable).
Closing date: Applications close by 5 pm Friday, 7 October 2022.
The Salvation Army is a worldwide evangelical Christian church and human service provider. It is committed to caring for people, transforming lives and reforming society – all through the love of God shown in Jesus. The successful applicant should therefore show an ability to identify with the mission and values of The Salvation Army.
The Salvation Army is an Equal Opportunity Employer who provides an inclusive work environment and embraces the diverse talent of its people.
The Salvation Army is committed to cultural diversity, and in New Zealand, our Tiriti partnership.
The Salvation Army is committed to ensuring the safety and wellbeing of vulnerable people, including children, and upholding their rights to protection from abuse and/or neglect.