- Lead a team to support and enable the work of TSA in the midland division
- Enjoy variety and a collegial environment
- Based at Midland Divisional Headquarters, Hamilton
The Salvation Army is a world-wide evangelical Christian church and human service provider that assists over 140,000 New Zealanders every year providing a wide range of community services, such as food banks, family stores, early childhood centres, hostels, addiction treatment centres and a hospice.
The Salvation Army's Midland Division is looking for a diverse Business Administrator to lead the business team that support and enable the work of The Salvation Army in the midland division.
Based at the Divisional Headquarters (DHQ) in Hamilton, this challenging, yet fulfilling role requires a person with broad business leadership experience, where leading leaders has been part of your every day and where people really matter.
The Divisional Business Administrator leads a team of eight and works closely with a diverse range of Salvation Army Officers and staff, Corps (churches) and Centres to ensure:
- The Divisional Leaders are supported to enable to mission of The Salvation Army through the ownership of business administration for the Midland Division
- The Divisional Team is encouraged, challenged and coached to deliver excellent support/service functions internally to the DHQ team and externally to Corps and Centres alongside the Territorial Headquarters team (based in Wellington)
- The Divisional team is led with an inclusive, strategic and proactive approach. They know they are important and how their role impacts the success of The Salvation Army
- The Midland Division and wider organisation would comment on your openness, willingness to ‘join in’, professionalism, broad expertise, and your support to flesh out new opportunities and ideas
You model leadership and believe people are the key to success, alongside your general business administration/improvement/analysis capabilities, insight and acumen (including modern, real world financial experience/ability); coupling business skills alongside Human Resource support and ownership.
- Strong leadership capabilities with proven staff management experience
- A collaborative approach with exceptional relationship management skills with both internal and external stakeholders
- Team player
- Superior communication, problem solving and negotiation capabilities
- Consultative and open style with a ‘no surprises’ approach
- High level of initiative with effective planning, project management and organisational abilities
- An eye for opportunity and untapped potential
- A relevant qualification and a current New Zealand drivers licence
- A commitment to the mission and values of The Salvation Army
Applications close: 5.00pm Sunday 19 May 2019
Applications to: Kirsty McLaren at mclaren.co.nz
Position description: Available to view at mclaren.co.nz
P: 04 499 1069