Part Time 20 hours per week
About The Salvation Army Rolleston
The Salvation Army aims to care for people, transform lives and reform society through God, in Christ by the Holy Spirit’s power. The Salvation Army Rolleston operates Generation House which as well as being a church offers practical services including social support and a community food bank.
The Family Store supports this mission by raising funds through the sale of donated goods. Our Family Store sells a range of quality donated items and offers a free pick up of donated goods along with delivery of sold items.
The Family Store Truck Driver is a key role within the organisation as ‘the face of The Salvation Army’ in the community. We are looking for someone who not only enjoys driving but also has a heart for customer service. This is an excellent opportunity to blend driving, customer service and logistics skills together in a busy retail environment.
You will have plenty of job variety with daily tasks including:
• Completing timely collections and deliveries in accordance with the daily schedule
• Planning and scheduling of efficient routes for donor pick up and customer deliveries
• Assisting with processing donated items and getting these ready for the shop floor
• Loading, unloading and stacking goods safely, in the truck and at the store
• Management of waste and recyclables
• Actively maintaining positive communication and effective working relationships
• Ensuring compliance with policies, particularly health and safety
Our ideal applicant must:
• have a full current drivers’ licence, class 1 (motor vehicle).
• have a high level of health and fitness
• be capable of heavy lifting – this is a regular daily part of the role
• have excellent customer service with a broad range of people, ideally with some retail experience
• be a clear communicator, including being understood clearly on the phone and the ability to record written information accurately and clearly
• be self-managing and able to keep to task and re-prioritise as required
• be a courteous and safe driver
• be able to relate to people from a diverse range of backgrounds
• be familiar with following health and safety procedures
• be resilient, positive and people-oriented team player
• be adaptable and able to work under pressure
To apply please send your cover letter, CV (including referee details) and completed application form to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Our application form can be downloaded and needs to be included as part of your application.
Applicants for this position will need to have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa. All employment offers are subject to the completion of a satisfactory Ministry of Justice clearance.
5pm, Friday 26 July 2019