The Salvation Army operates five Family Stores within Hawkes Bay which contribute significantly to resource the mission of The Salvation Army in the local area and facilitate engagement with our community.
About the role
We are looking to employ a passionate and experienced retail leader who will be responsible for implementing and leading the strategic plan for the Hawkes Bay Family Stores. This role is also responsible for continuing the successful operation of this group of Family Stores through leading an effective and collaborative team and continually looking for opportunities to further improve the performance of the stores.
The role involves:
- Working with the Hawkes Bay Family Stores Management Board to develop a commercial retail business plan and oversee the implementation of this across all stores;
- Leading experienced store management teams; working with employees and volunteers to ensure stores operate smoothly on a day to day basis;
- Managing HR issues within the teams; including recruitment, performance and disciplinary procedures;
- Implementing the National and Regional Strategic Business Plan;
- Managing the financial performance of five stores;
- Establishing at least one new store within the first 6 months;
- Mentoring and coaching of store management staff;
- Training and upskilling of staff and volunteers.
This is a full-time 40 hour per week position (Monday to Friday).
The successful applicant will have the following range of skills and attributes:
- Well-developed leadership and staff management skills and a relational people approach; able to lead, motivate and direct a team to achieve goals, with energy, passion and competencies to turn vision into reality;
- Willingness to fully support and contribute to the mission of The Salvation Army;
- Working knowledge of legislation and procedures relating to HR and employment issues (e.g. Employment Relations Act) and to the retail sector (e.g. Consumer Guarantees Act);
- Ability to relate to people from a diverse range of backgrounds, sensitive to ethnic and cultural issues; and able to build long term positive working relationships;
- Business focused attitude, with a good knowledge of sales & retail;
- Goal and target focused and able to evaluate and analyse numerical data to inform decisions;
- High-level problem-solving ability working with others and using the information available to identify and select the best option;
- Ability to provide accurate information, advice and guidance in a timely manner;
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing;
- Ethical approach to working in a respectful, honest and transparent way to build trust across the family stores, upholding the values of The Salvation Army;
- Initiative, ability to identify improvements and look for new opportunities;
- Creative, with an eye for presentation and layout;
- Confident with basic office and retail technology - computer use, email systems, Word and Excel, printer/scanner operation, online tools like Google Docs, electronic cash register.
To apply please send your cover letter, CV (including referee details) and completed application form to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Our application form can be downloaded and needs to be included as part of your application.
Applicants for this position will need to have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa. All employment offers are subject to the completion of a satisfactory Ministry of Justice clearance.
Applications close by 4:00 pm Saturday, 31 August 2019.