Royal Oak Community Ministries, Royal Oak
- A great opportunity to give back to the community
- To support clients staying in Transitional Housing service
- Social Work Role
About the Department/Operation/Programme
At Salvation Army Royal Oak we have 19 Emergency houses and 7 Transitional Houses. We need a social worker to manage 10 of the emergency houses. Royal Oak CM is Christian based organisation and we aim to care for people and transform lives through God in Christ by the Holy Spirits power. Our social work department has been growing and now to alleviate the housing crisis we are working with MSD and HNZ to provide temporary housing to families in need.
About the role
The purpose of the position is to provide social work support to the families living in the emergency housing service with a three month follow up after they move out. They would report to the social work team leader. This is a permanent position and is 37.5 hours per week.
- Weekly or fortnightly visits to clients, assessing their needs and assisting them to set goals
- Deliver transitional housing services, e.g to support clients to find permanent long term housing either through HNZ or private rentals.
- Support clients to attend Transitional Housing programme courses Cooking and Parenting and to promote these with the clients.
- Professional and effective service to all people, families and the community.
- Health and safety
- Mission support to community ministries
- A NZ recognised Degree in Social Work – BSW
- Registration with the SWRB, or working towards this goal.
- A clean full driver’s license
- Strong understanding and heart for social justice issues
- Interpersonal skills, communicate effectively orally and written
- Experience and skill in working with people of different backgrounds and ethnicities
- Computer skills
- Listening skills and empathy
- Ability to work well in a team
Applications close by 12 noon on 3/05/2019
Email to Rosanna_Alefaio@nzf.salvationarmy.org