INTERNATIONAL SERVICE OPPORTUNITIES LIST
UNLESS OTHERWISE STATED, OPPORTUNITIES ARE FOR A THREE-YEAR TERM.
How do I apply for International Service?
INQUIRIES REGARDING THE FOLLOWING OPENINGS SHOULD BE DIRECTED THROUGH NORMAL CHANNELS WHICH INCLUDES THE FOLLOWING:
• Complete the Forms. ‘Notification of Officer Availability’ and ‘Undertakings’. This is found in the Orders and Regulations for Officers on International Service in Appendix 5. Your territorial office which supplies this can provide you with the O & R.
• Submit the forms to your territorial headquarters. Your Territory Headquarters should submit all applications to International Headquarters together with your territory’s recommendation. (See O & R for International Service, Appendix 5, forms, ‘Notification of Officer Availability’.)
• Wait for confirmation from International Headquarters that your application has been received. Once you have received this confirmation, know that your offer is being carefully considered alongside the global needs of the Salvation Army.
FINANCIAL & BUSINESS
Secretary for Business Administration
For an officer or lay-personnel to be in charge of the finance section at Finland and Estonia Territory THQ. English, Swedish or Finnish language required; From 01/10/2020.
Assistant Territorial Business Administration Secretary
Lay or officer personnel, single or married. Accounting qualifications or other related qualifications. Experience in Salvation Army accounting and BA processes; ability to implement IFAS into the Japan Territory; and ability to learn new computer programmes quickly. Japanese language essential, but it may be learned during service.
Occupational Therapist or Physiotherapist
Begoro Rehabilitation Centre. The person should have experience working with children, especially children with cerebral palsy, and be able to work alongside the local therapists and train them in current techniques used abroad for the benefit of children.
Chief Medical Officer
Howard Hospital. Non-officer or officer personnel.
Territorial Director of Health Service
Papua New Guinea
Background in Salvation Army Medical work/or nursing/medical background. Good administration skills necessary. Open for either Officer or Soldier.
Eastern Europe Territory
Preferably, a single officer or non-officer personnel. Minimum two-years. From 2021.
Envoy in charge of corps
Various Divisions/Districts in Argentina, Uruguay or Paraguay (throughout the South America East Territory)
Must be fluent in Spanish.
*Explanation of Urgency:
• ‘Urgent’: to be filled immediately.
• ‘Normal’: to be filled in 12-24 months.
• ‘Future’: to be filled after 24 months.
**These roles would be well suited for a married couple.