• Financial Mentor with the ability to work across the city
• Be a part of a team serving Christchurch
• Make a difference!
This is a unique opportunity to work as part of a large Community Ministry team around the city of Christchurch, enhancing the current way we care for people. See individual’s lives transformed through the growth of confidence and skills in money management and goal achievement.
About the role
Our Financial Mentor Programme has been set up to provide individuals with education guidance. It provides support in financial matters that enables individuals to develop financial skills, gain experience and set goals and manage outcomes. The ideal applicant would need to be available for 20 hours per week and will need to be able to travel to various centres across Christchurch City.
This is a fixed term contract for 12 months.
We are looking for someone with:
• A current drivers licence and their own car (reimbursed for travel);
• An ability to work as part of several teams (co-operation);
• An ability to be sensitive and to relate to people regardless of age, culture and circumstance;
• An ability to work with difficult clients (emotional stability, patience, maturity of judgement, sense of responsibility, sense of humour);
• An ability to be discreet and maintain confidentiality;
• Computer competency in Word, Excel, Email and the Service and Mission Information System (SAMIS) database;
• Sympathy to the aims, mission, principles and Christian ethos of The Salvation Army;
• Time and desk management skills to prioritise multiple tasks and keep track of work in progress and meet deadlines (strong work ethic, flexibility, accountability);
• Understanding of quality improvement processes.
Training and experience in the Financial Mentoring Process (if possible with a Current Accreditation as a Financial Mentor by NZFFBS/FinCap - An On-going commitment to Professional development).
For more information about this role please contact Vikki Stevenson on 03 377 0799 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply please send your cover letter, CV (including referee details) and completed application form to: email@example.com
Our application form can be downloaded and needs to be included as part of your application.
Applicants for this position will need to have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa. All employment offers are subject to the completion of a satisfactory Ministry of Justice clearance.
Applications close by 12 noon on Friday 19 July 2019