- Opportunity to contribute positively to the organisation and engage in meaningful work
- Work within a high-trust, supportive and flexible environment
- Permanent, part time position (20-25 hours), based in Tawa. Free parking available.
Established in 1865, The Salvation Army is a Christian church and an international charitable organisation that assists over 120,000 kiwi families and individuals in need each year through a wide range of community services, such as food banks, family stores, early childhood centres, hostels, addiction treatment centres, life skills programmes and a hospice.
Reporting to the Corps (Church) Officers, the Office and Finance Administrator is responsible for the provision of high-level frontline reception, administrative and finance support for the Corp Officers and ensuring office and finance matters relevant to the Tawa Corps are dealt with in an effective and timely manner. Key responsibilities include:
- Reception and frontline customer service
- Acting as a friendly point of contact for visitors
- Answering the phone and general email enquiries
- Organising, mailing and booking couriers
- Maintaining and ordering stationery and office supplies
- Word processing, drafting correspondence and formatting documents
- Property and facilities administration
- Providing backup administrative support for the Tawa Family Store and Family Store Manager
- Preparing purchase orders and invoices
- Processing accounts payable and accounts receivable
- Financial analysis and reporting of monthly financial reports and providing commentary for the Corps Officers and leadership team
- Preparing accounting journals
- Weekly bank reconciliation
HR & Payroll (20%)
- Processing timesheets and fortnightly payroll for the Tawa Corps and Family Store (20 staff)
- Preparing new staff and volunteer employment agreements
- Ensuring staff and volunteers receive appropriate documents, induction and training
- Undertaking background checks for new staff and volunteers (ie Police/Ministry of Justice)
- Managing and monitoring of employees leave requests and balances
This is a varied and busy role that will draw on your customer service, organisational and time management skills. You will enjoy taking ownership of your role, managing your own workload and working in a small close-knit team within a high-trust, supportive and flexible environment.
You are highly motivated, organised and process driven and have exceptional relational skills and attention to detail. Your ability to multitask, use your initiative, pick up new systems easily and communicate effectively will be the true measure of how successful you will be in this role.
This is a permanent part time position based at the Tawa Corps in Central Tawa, Wellington. Hours available are between 20 – 25 hours per week. Flexible working arrangements and free offsite parking is available for the right candidate.
- Proven experience in administration, business support, team administration, office management, or similar role
- Good understanding of administrative and financial processes and systems
- Experience in payroll and HR administration
- Knowledge of financial principles and/or bookkeeping or finance administration experience would be highly desirable
- Good financial literacy and ability to read financial statements
- A strong commitment in delivering excellent customer service
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Exceptional relationship management skills with both internal and external stakeholders
- High level of initiative with effective planning and organisational abilities
- Strong ability to prioritise and work to tight deadlines
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Display a responsive, friendly, professional, open and enthusiastic manner
- Sound computer literacy and proficiency in MS Office Suite (Word/Excel), finance systems and CRM databases
- Understanding and empathy towards the mission and values of The Salvation Army
- Knowledge or understanding of legalisations relating to personnel or employment (ie. Holidays Act, Privacy Act and Employment Relations Act) would be advantageous
Applications close: 5:00 pm Sunday, 9 October 2022
Applications to: Ngan Nguyen via mclaren.co.nz
Position description: Available to view at mclaren.co.nz
P: 04 499 1069
The Salvation Army is a worldwide evangelical Christian church and human service provider. It is committed to caring for people, transforming lives and reforming society – all through the love of God shown in Jesus. The successful applicant should therefore show an ability to identify with the mission and values of The Salvation Army.
The Salvation Army is an Equal Opportunity Employer who provides an inclusive work environment and embraces the diverse talent of its people.
The Salvation Army is committed to cultural diversity, and in New Zealand, our Tiriti partnership.