Fixed term finishing 30 June 2020
Part Time, 18 hours per week
• Are you passionate about supporting people seeking to reduce their alcohol and/or drug use?
• It is time to join our supportive team, and become part of our mahi delivering hope and a future to tangata in Northland?
• This part time role requires no weekend or evening work.
The Salvation Army Northland Bridge delivers interventions for tangata experiencing problematic use of alcohol and/or other drugs.
We have an exciting new role for a Part Time Nurse to offer outpatient psycho-social support to people reducing their alcohol and/or drug use. This role sits within a supportive outpatient addiction treatment team.
• Outpatient Psycho-social support for people reducing alcohol and/or drug use
• Alcohol and Drug Assessment and Treatment Planning
• Delivery of AOD group education sessions
• Brief AOD Intervention work
Previous experience in an Addiction setting is crucial, with at least one year of AOD Assessment experience. Passion for this mahi and the ability to inspire and facilitate transformation are essential qualities for successful applicants.
We are looking for an exceptional person who:
• Demonstrates the ability to engage well and motivate change with tangata experiencing the harmful impact of alcohol and/or drugs
• A good understanding of group/individual processes
• Proficiency in computer IT and database systems
• A sound understanding of tikanga
• Excellent co-ordination and administration skills
• A current full NZ driver’s licence
The applicant must be a Comprehensive or Psychiatric Nurse, with a current practicing certificate.
For more information about this role please contact The Director on 09 430 7500 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply please send your cover letter, CV (including referee details), copy of your photo ID, copy of your current practicing certificate and completed application form to: email@example.com, or post to The Director, The Salvation Army Bridge, Northland Regional Programme, P.O. Box 1746, Whangarei 0140
Our application form can be downloaded and needs to be included as part of your application.
Applicants for this position will need to have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa and give permission for the processing of policy checks. All employment offers are subject to the completion of a satisfactory Police Check clearance.
Applications close at 9:00 am on Monday, 29 July 2019.
The Salvation Army is a worldwide evangelical Christian church and human service provider. It is committed to caring for people, transforming lives and reforming society – all through the love of God shown in Jesus. The successful applicant should therefore show an ability to identify with the mission and values of The Salvation Army.