Part Time, 5 hours per week on Saturdays
About The Salvation Army Rolleston
The Salvation Army aims to care for people, transform lives and reform society through God, in Christ by the Holy Spirit’s power. The Salvation Army Rolleston operates Generation House which as well as being a church offers practical services including social support and a community food bank.
The Family Store supports this mission by raising funds through the sale of donated goods. Our Family Store sells a range of quality donated items and offers a free pick up of donated goods along with delivery of sold items.
The role is to ensure a high level of customer service and service delivery, ensure quality product is provided to customers, ensure donated goods are processed in accordance with policy, and assist to develop, maintain and promote positive working relationships.
You will have plenty of job variety with tasks including:
• Holding responsibility for the ‘front-of-house’ and assisting customers
• Assisting with processing donated items and getting these ready for the shop floor
• Assisting with creative displays of goods
• Completing end of day processes with other staff members
• Actively maintaining positive communication and effective working relationships
• Ensuring compliance with policies, particularly health and safety
Our ideal applicant must:
• have an excellent customer service focus
• be a clear communicator, including being understood clearly on the phone and the ability to record written information accurately and clearly
• be self-managing and able to keep to task and re-prioritise as required
• be able to relate to people from a diverse range of backgrounds
• be familiar with following health and safety procedures
• be resilient, positive and people-oriented team player
• be adaptable and able to work under pressure
• be sympathetic to the aims and mission of The Salvation Army
To apply please send your cover letter, CV (including referee details) and completed application form to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Our application form can be downloaded and needs to be included as part of your application.
Applicants for this position will need to have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa. All employment offers are subject to the completion of a satisfactory Ministry of Justice clearance.
5 pm, Friday 26 July 2019