This is a 25 hour per week position (Monday to Friday).
The Salvation Army Auckland City Corps operates three Family Stores located in Mt Wellington, Panmure and Glen Innes. These stores are vital in raising funds to resource the mission of The Salvation Army in the local area and facilitate engagement with our community.
About the role
We are looking to employ a passionate and experienced Stock Processor for our Corps. It will be a cross corps role meaning you will work across all 3 stores, giving priority to the store in greatest need. You will be responsible for the successful sorting and processing of items donated to the stores. The role requires a keen eye for detail and an ability to work with a high volume of stock. The ability to meet Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) under pressure whilst maintaining a composed temperament in which to manage and lead your team is vital.
The role involves:
• Sorting quality sellable product from our donations;
• Pricing all store items;
• Creating and implementing efficiencies;
• Training and developing both paid and volunteer team members;
• Ensuring stores operate smoothly and efficiently on a day-to-day basis;
• Working to set KPI’s to maximise sales;
• Maintaining good stock levels on the shop floor.
The successful applicant will have a range of skills and competencies which include:
• Being an active, friendly, “hands-on”, team focused leader;
• Having an ability to recognise and sort quality sellable stock for our Family stores;
• Being able to identify operational efficiencies to help save time and reduce costings;
• Having well developed leadership and staff management skills and can effectively lead and manage a team of employees and volunteers;
• A willingness, commitment and passion to work in accordance with The Salvation Army Mission and Values.
For more information about this role please contact Nick Derbyshire on 021 702 622 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply please send your cover letter, CV (including referee details) and completed application form to: email@example.com
Our application form can be downloaded and needs to be included as part of your application.
Applicants for this position will need to have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa. All employment offers are subject to the completion of a satisfactory Ministry of Justice clearance.
Applications close Friday 19 July 2018