Rotorua Family Store
The Salvation Army has an extensive operation in Rotorua providing many services to the Community. Central to this operation is the Family Store which contributes significantly to resource the mission of The Salvation Army in the local area and facilitate engagement with our community.
About the role
To assist in all aspects of the retail operation so that the Family Store fulfils its stated purpose and achieves its agreed objectives which are to collect, deliver and assist with processing goods to and from the Family Store. This should be done in a way that provides excellent service to our customers and donors (both in-store and in the community) with maximum efficiency and to assist with other Family Store duties as directed.
The role involves:
- Complete collections and deliveries in accordance with the daily schedule and in compliance with stated instructions;
- Organising daily collections and deliveries so that
- the most efficient route can be taken;
- the truck is loaded efficiently to minimise trips;
- Ensuring that the Family Stores’ reputation is maintained by the way the vehicle is driven and the courteous approach toward other road users;
- Loading, unloading and stacking goods safely using trolleys or two people where necessary in line with H&S procedures;
- Driving safely at all times;
- Ensuring all donated goods are to be picked up unless doing so would undermine The Salvation Army H&S Policy;
- Delivering bales, clothing and goods to other centres as directed by management;
- On occasion, delivering promotional flyers to promote the store.
This is a 20 hour per week position (Monday to Friday).
The successful applicant will have a range of skills and competencies which include:
- Being physically fit with fully functioning shoulders and back. Capable of frequent and ongoing heavy lifting;
- Good spatial awareness and problem-solving ability;
- Time management skills to prioritise multiple tasks and keep track of work in progress and complete work within agreed timeframes;
- Good communication skills, including ability to be clearly understood on the telephone with the ability to relate to people from a diverse range of backgrounds; sensitivity to ethnic, cultural and social issues;
- Applies good judgement to reading situations and behaving appropriately e.g. if donation is from a deceased estate or move to a care facility;
- High level of initiative;
- Basic literacy and numeracy skills;
- Ability to work cooperatively and productively within a team;
- Commitment to improving skills;
- High level of integrity and honesty;
- Committed to the mission of The Salvation Army.
Useful but not required:
- Sound geographic knowledge of the local area;
- Knowledge of The Salvation Army structure and systems.
To apply please send your cover letter, CV (including referee details) and completed application form to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Our application form can be downloaded and needs to be included as part of your application.
Applications close by 4.30 pm Friday, 1 November 2019.