Here are some frequently asked questions about Salvation Army Social Housing (SASH)
Who qualifies for a SASH property?
You must be:
- Aged 55 years and over (unless you are applying for a property at our Lesley Keast Village in Christchurch)
- Be registered with MSD on the Housing Register
- You must have a Housing Register priority rating of A or B
Salvation Army properties are situated throughout the country. Please visit our locations page to find out more.
How do I apply for a SASH property?
To apply for Salvation Army social housing please fill in our online enquiry form.
When a property becomes available:
- The Mission and Tenant Support Officer who looks after the SASH properties at your chosen location/s will contact you to make an appointment to view the available property.
- If you find the unit is suitable, we will carry out reference, credit and past tenancy checks.
- If we find your references satisfactory, we will then be able to advise you how much your Income Related Rent will be.
- We will also agree a date for occupancy of the property and provide you with a Tenancy Agreement.
- We will require two weeks rent in advance as well as bond before you take occupancy. This can be requested by you to be paid by WINZ