Eligible applicants can apply for a No Interest Loan (NILS) for up to $1000 for a maximum of 18 months.
Loan amounts are up to $1,000 for essential goods and services such as beds, dining room furniture, lounge suites and fridges. Loans are not for cash. Repayments are set up at an affordable amount over a set period of time.
To enquire about a NILS loan, please use our enquiry form or contact one of our centres listed below.
- Whangarei: 3-7 Aubrey Street, Whangarei Ph: 0800 854 009 e: Whangarei Community Finance
- Waitakere: 7–9 View Road, Henderson. Ph: 0800 854 009 e: Waitakere Community Finance
- Mt Wellington:18 Allright Place, Mt Wellington. Ph: 0800 854 009. e: Mt Wellington Community Finance
- Manukau: 16B Bakerfield Place, Manukau. Ph: 0800 854 009. e: Manukau Community Finance
- Pukekohe: 1 Tobin Street, Pukekohe, Ph:(09) 238 5641 e: Pukekohe Community Finance
(Hours: Wednesday, Thursday & Friday 9:00 am - 3:30 pm)
- Hamilton: 99 London Street, Hamilton Central, Ph: (07) 834 7000, e: Hamilton Community Finance
- Tauranga: 375 Cameron Road, Tauranga. Ph: 0800 854 009. e: Tauranga Community Finance
- Napier: 56 Tait Drive, Greenmeadows, Napier, Ph: 0800 854 009 e: Napier Community Finance
- Levin: Ph: 0800 854 009 e: Levin Community Finance
- Palmerston North: 431 Church Street, Palmerston North, Ph: 0800 854 009 e: Palmerston North Community Finance
- Porirua: 89 Warspite Avenue, Cannons Creek, Ph: 0800 854 009, e: Porirua Community Finance
- Wellington: 22-26 Riddiford Street, Newtown, Wellington, Ph: 0800 854 009 e: Wellington Community Finance
The Salvation Army will monitor loan repayments, providing support and financial education throughout the life of the loan.
NILS is a community focused initiative of Good Shepherd Microfinance. In New Zealand, NILS is supported and delivered by Good Shepherd New Zealand.
Visit the Good Shepherd website for more information on NILS loans.