Farewell to Cheques
As you may be aware, the banking sector is moving towards removing cheques from their services over the next twelve months. Here is everything you need to know about the end of cheques, and how we can help you plan ahead.
Dubbed the ‘payment revolution’, the end of cheques has brought with it some very valid concerns regarding those who may be left behind. While the use of cheques in New Zealand has been steadily declining, certain groups—including the elderly, and those who live in rural areas—still rely on cheques as one of their primary forms of payment.
With BNZ, ASB, Kiwibank, ANZ, and Westpac all announcing that they will cease to issue and bank cheques, many customers will now need to find alternative ways to pay. As about 40 percent of our donations currently come via cheque, we want to work with you, our supporters, to find an alternative way to donate that works for you.
Chris (pictured above), a supporter of The Salvation Army, previously paid by cheque but has now been successfully converted. ‘I make a financial donation by internet banking, and have donated to other appeals online, like food parcels during lockdown.’
So… How Can I Donate?
We greatly appreciate your donations, and we understand that this may be a difficult time for many of our supporters. Your peace of mind is one of our top priorities, so we endeavour to make this transition as smooth as possible.
The Salvation Army offers our supporters multiple different ways to ensure they can continue to donate to New Zealanders in need.
- Through our website: Visit our website salvationarmy.org.nz and click the ‘Make a Donation’ button. You can make a secure one-off donation, or set up an ongoing gift using your debit or credit card.
- By phone: Call 0800 53 00 00 to make a secure donation over the phone using your debit or credit card.
- Our Donation Coupon: Provide your debit or credit card details on our coupon and return this in the prepaid envelope.
- Internet Banking: In internet banking, type our name in the payee box and our account details will appear. You can also make a donation directly into our bank account: BNZ 02-0568-0091726-00. Please enter your supporter number in the ‘Reference field’.
- Automatic Payment: You can set up an automatic payment through Internet Banking or at your local branch, to ensure that a pre-set donation is made at a frequency of your choosing.
- Become a True Hero and donate regularly by direct debit: Simply sign up through our website at salvationarmy.org.nz/TrueHeroes, contact us at 0800 53 00 00, or email firstname.lastname@example.org. The Salvation Army will then organise for a monthly donation from your bank account or credit card.
- At your bank: Your bank branch can help you with an array of payment options if you currently use cheques. Visit your local branch, or your banks website to see what services they offer.
If you are concerned about how to continue to support the Sallies now that cheques are being phased out, you can call us at 0800 53 00 00. We will talk you through the changes that are taking place, and will help you decide how you can continue to support us in the future.